- What is the Lawn3 service?
- Does it really cost less than DIY?
- Do I have to wait until spring to start the treatment?
- Doesn’t it hurt the environment?
- Are the products safe for children and pets?
- How soon will I be able to see the fertiliser treatment work?
- When will I see my weeds start to die?
- Are the Lawn3 operators fully qualified?
- How much do the treatments cost?
- Is there a contract to sign?
What is the Lawn3 service?
Lawn3 will carry out Five Core Treatments throughout the year.
- Mar\Apr – Season specific fertiliser and weed control
- May\Jun – Season specific fertiliser and weed control
- Jul\Aug – Season specific fertiliser and weed control
- Oct\Nov – Liquid iron (moss control and winter protection) treatment
- Dec\Jan – Essential Winter Lawn Tonic
In addition we offer the following supplementary treatments:
- Scarification – Remove thatch & improve water ingress & nutrient levels
- Aeration – To provide space for root growth, allow nutrients and oxygen to the root zone and improve drainage
- MiracleMoss – Moss control that include bacteria and fungi to compost down dead moss re-cycling the nutrients
- Overseeding - An over seed of professional grade grass seed to improve the sward.
- For more details see Lawn Treatments
Does it really cost less than DIY?
DIY and you'll need to buy and calibrate a spreader, apply the products correctly, store the spreader and products safely, and have the time to do it. We'll do it all for you,professionally, safely. And of course, our expert knowledge is always available to our clients.
Our fertilisers are controlled release. We apply the right products at the right time of year with no waste,
So, are the products superior to anything we can buy in a garden centre? Garden Centre products are 'diluted' so that no professional qualifications are required for purchase or application. All Lawn3 operators are NPTC qualified and are able to purchase and apply professional products.
Do I have to wait until spring to start the treatment?
No. Our programme is designed to run throughout the year — there is never a bad time to start improving your lawn.
Doesn't it hurt the environment?
Our programme is specifically designed to reduce the need for herbicides and fertilisers over a period of time. We use products that are safe for people, pets and the environment.
Are the products safe for children and pets?
Our treatments are safe for both children and pets. Only animals that graze on the grass need to be kept off the lawn for 2 weeks after treatment.
How soon will I be able to see the fertiliser treatment work?
Most customers start to see a benefit within 7 to 10 days after our visit.
When will I see my weeds start to die?
Herbicides, once applied need to work through from the leaf to the root. For this reason it is best not to mow your lawn for 3 days before and 3 days after our visit. If the weeds haven't begun to wither within 3 weeks, please contact us, weather conditions may alter its effectiveness. Unusually dry conditions or heavy rain within 12 hours of treatment, or mowing too soon after treatment may reduce effectiveness.
Are the Lawn3 operators fully qualified?
Everyone who treats your lawn is a qualified Lawn3 Green Keeper. Our training programmes are recognised as the most comprehensive in the lawn maintenance industry. We don't employ temporary or unqualified staff to treat your lawn. You can be ensured that the treatments are carried out correctly at the most appropriate time of year. All our operators hold full PA1 & PA6 City & Guilds, NPTC qualifications, which certify them to purchase, prepare and calibrate professional pesticides and sprayers, and to operate them to ensure correct application rates without risk to themselves, other people and the environment.
How much do the treatments cost?
Our charges are based on the size of the lawn we are caring for. Treatments start from just £18 inclusive, per visit for lawns up to 100 square metres. Our core programme involves 5 visits which would be a total cost of £90 per year, (£7.50 per month).
Is there a contract to sign?
No, we do not ask you to sign a contract. We will simply invoice you each time we visit. If you wish to cancel at any time, just inform us prior to the next scheduled visit. You can pay by cheque, BACS, or cash, whichever suits you.