essential winter tonic
There's a reason why Lawn3 call this treatment essential
All too often a lawn has its final treatment of the year in late autumn, and then has to wait until March or April the following year before receiving any attention. During these winter months all sorts of problems can occur – including the colonisation of moss. Over the last few years we have been experiencing wetter and colder winters, with an increase in snow, which in turn encourages the growth of moss. Moss is increasingly being identified by our clients as a major problem in UK lawns.
Here at Lawn3 we have addressed the effect of increasingly severe winter weather conditions on lawns, by introducing a Lawn3 Winter Tonic Treatment. The Winter Lawn Tonic Treatment enables us to start moss treatment at the end of the season, thus meaning that we have a head start on the moss in spring. This treatment is particularly effective during winter months and also toughens and protects the sward against disease, stimulates root growth and inhibits moss colonisation.
Number of Applications: Once or twice per year.
Timing of Applications: Winter or early spring.
Type of Application: A standard Lawn3 treatment for all Lawns
The benefits are:
- Rapid Green-Up Within 3 Hours with excellent longevity (up to 6 weeks)
- Strengthens cell walls increasing resistance to low sub-zero temperatures
- Maximum hardening
- Regulates the opening and closing of the stomata, which is important for efficient water use
- Even more effective In Cold Weather, when grass growth is slow growing
- No Blackening
- Surfactant / Iron combination for dew dispersal and hardening to discourage Microdochium (Fusarium) patch disease
- Will not alter acidity and thus worsen dry patch
- Effective all year round especially in winter months